CUMBERLAND TRAIL SPRING WELLNESS FAIR SLATED
The Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail will host its first Spring Wellness Fair, Saturday, May 4, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., to celebrate National Park Rx Day and the Tennessee State Parks’ Healthy Parks Healthy Person program.
The program, intended to be an annual event, is FREE to all and will be held at the beautiful and secluded Head of Sequatchie location in Cumberland County. The area is normally open only one day each month, so this affords visitors a rare opportunity to see the birthplace of the Sequatchie River!
National Park Rx Day will be a celebration of Tennessee State Parks as resources of affordable healthy-living opportunities for all Tennesseans.
The day will begin with the Healthy Parks Healthy Person kickoff hike & presentation w/ fitness expert and Olympic athlete Missy Kane of East TN PBS & WCTE-Cookeville. Missy and Cumberland Trail ranger staff will detail the day’s events and lead a short, easy hike around the Head of Sequatchie, explaining the history of the area and getting the day’s activities kicked off right!
Other all-day activities and amenities include:
- Tai Chi
- Forest Immersion Therapy (Shinrin Yoku)
- An ‘Outdoor Fun Zone’ for kids and kids-at-heart
- Another ranger-guided hike
- Free on-site vitals checks
- Healthful food concessions (with take-home recipes)
- Local community health organizations (offering advice on everything from healthcare to how to stay active and healthy on any budget)
- Picnic tables and sitting places galore for you to enjoy time with family and friends!
And there’s more to come!
Come out and enjoy the day any way you see fit!